So it is 10 pm and I am just realised I forgot to eat dinner. Well actually my stomach told me by growling very loudly at me. Today I went straight from work to Pilates and then straight to Creative Team Night at church so I had no time in between to eat. I normally never forget to eat because I am the type to snack all throughout the day rather than eating 3 big meals.
So on that note I wanna chat to you all about breakfast. I think breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Its my fave. I actually look forward to it before I go to sleep at night. I love breakfast foods. I am a bit obsessed :)
I know lots of you peeps out there skip breakfast. This is not good! Don’t use the excuse of saying of I don’t have time! ….YES YOU DO! Don’t hit that snooze button as much as you normally do and then you will have plenty of time! Try it!
Here is an interesting post from “keep your diet real” about breakfast and some great food ideas that are quick and easy!
“There are tons of research studies showing why breakfast is important, but I would like to leave you with what I believe are the top 10 reasons.
- HEALTHY EATING HABITS – It is well established that people who eat breakfast consume less fat and cholesterol and more vitamins, minerals, and fiber than people who skip breakfast.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – the National Weight Control Registry reported that people who eat breakfast have an easier time managing their weight than people who skip breakfast.
- PORTION CONTROL – In general, people who eat breakfast have an easier time controlling their caloric intake throughout the day than those who don’t.
- REDUCED RISK OF DIABETES – A report by the American Heart Association showed that people who eat breakfast are significantly less likely to develop diabetes than people who skip breakfast.
- MORE ENERGY – A healthy breakfast can provide your body with the nutrients that you need to stay energized for several hours.
- FITNESS – It is believed that people who eat breakfast have more energy and therefore may participate in more physical activity than people who skip breakfast.
- FOCUS – According to the American Dietetic Association, people who eat breakfast have an easier time focusing and are more productive throughout the morning than people who skip breakfast.
- MEMORY – Eating breakfast improves memory and learning.
- BETTER MOOD – Skipping breakfast can make you feel grumpy and fatigued throughout the day. Taking just 10 minutes to eat something in the morning can really improve your mood.
- BE A GOOD ROLE MODEL – Help your children to develop healthy eating habits at an early age by encouraging them to eat breakfast. If they see you eating breakfast, they are more likely to eat breakfast too.”
Slow cooking oats or steel-cut oats with kiwi, mango, banana, green grapes, and honey
Organic flax waffles with warm peanut butter, banana slices, and chopped walnuts and a glass of 1% milk
Sesame Ezekiel toast with reduced fat cottage cheese, tomato slices, and parsley garnish
Tofu scramble with red peppers, zucchini, onions, and mushrooms….and tofu.
A classic: peanut butter and jelly on an English muffin (or toast or mini whole wheat bagel)
Breakfast bruschetta: French baguette with scrambled eggs, thin layer of reduced fat cream cheese, diced cherry tomatoes, and fresh parsley
Mini whole wheat waffles with mango chunks, honey, and powdered sugar
Whole wheat toast with scrambled eggs (or egg whites/substitute) with fresh sauteed spinach, provolone cheese, and marinara dipping sauce
Fruit bruschetta: organic chocolate cherry bread (from Whole Foods) topped with honey roasted peanut butter, fresh cantaloupe, strawberries, honey, and powdered sugar
Whole wheat toast with 2 hard boiled eggs and a half of a grapefruit
If you have any other ideas feel free to comment below! I would love to hear and try new things!