Today I got to make one my family’s Christmas Traditions. My mom and I would always make these at Christmas time. They are called Buckeye Balls. I love that I can now share the tradition with my hubby.
Trust me, you will love them if you like peanut butter or chocolate!
Here is how to make them:
- 4 (16 ounce) jars peanut butter
- 3 1/2 (16 ounce) packages confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used very dark chocolate.)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- I added a little bit of vanilla as well
- Blend together the peanut butter, sugar and melted butter. Allow to chill in refrigerator.
- Roll into 1 inch round balls and return to refrigerator.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate and shortening. Whisk together until smooth.
- With a toothpick inserted in the balls, dip them into the chocolate so they look like buckeyes. Place on waxed paper and allow to set in refrigerator.