Today was my first half day off in about 2 weeks where I could actually get some laundry and baking done!
I did about 3 loads of laundry and still have so much more! Oh well, sorry husband you have to wear dirty shirts for a while! I also made these cookies called, Chocolate Shot Cookies. A friend of mine wanted me to make them. I am no Martha Stewart so they didn’t come out looking like the photo, but husband said they taste good so thats all that matters! They aren’t gluten free so I couldn’t try them! Lucky Dave gets to be my guinea pig!
Here is the recipe I used (taken from here)
- 1 cup Salted Butter
- 1 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cups Chocolate Shot Sprinkles/Jimmies
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Sift flour and soda together.
3. Add vanilla, flour mixture and oats to the creamed butter/sugar.
4. On a rectangular piece of parchment or wax paper, form dough into a long cylinder and roll it in the chocolate shots (otherwise known as Chocolate Jimmies).
5. Chill dough (wrapped loosely in the wax paper/parchment) for 45 minutes.
5. Cut slices and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 325ºF (160 C) for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
I got to Skype with my parents tonight :) Yes!