As promised here are the other recipes my mom used when she was here. They are all gluten free and dairy free and absolutely delicious. The sauce on the chicken is out of this world!!!
1. Preheat the oven for 300 degree F
2. Season and truss the chickens as for a roast.
3. Arrange the chickens in a roasting pan.
4. Chop the nuts finely using a cleaver or coarsely grind in a food processor. They should not be ground to finely nor should they be roughly chopped.MAKING
5. Roast the chickens in the preheated oven for 1 to 11/2 hours until juices run clear when a knife is pierced in to the thigh.
6. To make the almond pistachio sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter in the oil over a medium flame.
7. When the butter has melted, add the onion sauté till translucent.
8. Reduce the flame and stir in nuts, sautéing until the onion is lightly browned.
9. Further, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute without letting it brown.
10. Pour in the stock and wine together and simmer the liquid for 5 to 8 minutes until reduced to half
11. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to your taste..
12. Keep the sauce warm by placing the pan over a pot of simmering water.FINALIZING
13. On a meat board, joint the roasted chickens that have been rested for 15 minutes after coming out from the oven.
15. Arrange the chicken pieces on a serving platter or on individual dinner plates.
16. Ladle the warm sauce over the chicken before serving.